Hi,

I bought a Dell Inspiron 7359 and just put my own Ubuntu on it. Works fine.
I also did that with a Lenovo Carbon X1.
Both these companies do not seem to sell Ubuntu version of hardware here
in Australia.

You can go to http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/desktop/
and see what hardware is certified to run Ubuntu. No guarantees that the
downloaded version of Ubuntu has all the proper hardware drivers
(vendors can often ship proprietary hardware drivers with the laptop).
If you can find a similar variety that only comes with Windows, it would
probably run Ubuntu just fine.

System76 will ship to .au, but it's pricey (so is shipping).

There are a few overseas companies that sell and ship Ubuntu laptops to
.au, but the shipping price kills it for me.

--
Software Engineer
System Enablement, Canonical Ltd