On Fri, April 11, 2008 12:06, Bruno De Bondt wrote:
> Agree wholeheartedly.
>
> .: liezie :. wrote:
>> Yeah. Its getting tiring.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Christophe Vandeplas
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>     I can only confirm this...
>>     Let's hope this good and lenghty mail will be the end of these
>> endless
>>     and useless discussions.
>>

>>     On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Alex Ficelle
>>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
>> wrote:
>>     > Dear list,
>>     >
>>     >  Some people speak only Dutch, some people speak only French,
>>     some both
>>     >  Dutch and French or French and Dutch, some can also speak
>>     English, some
>>     >  no English at all. No matter the combination of languages you
>>     choose,
>>     >  not everybody will ever be totally satisfied or comfortable.
>>     >
>>     >  I notice the current language "policy" used on this mailing
>>     list has
>>     >  worked well until now. Those who can, write in English; those who
>>     >  cannot, write in their own language. Messages intended for
>>     everybody
>>     >  were written in English; messages intended only for people
>>     speaking a
>>     >  certain language were written in that language. People who
>>     could not
>>     >  read the language used in a particular message, but felt that
>>     particular
>>     >  message might be of interest, asked for the meaning or for a
>>     translation
>>     >  on the list or made a special effort to decode it by themselves.
>>     >
>>     >  As for real-life meetings, English has always been the lingua
>>     frenca
>>     >  (even if a clumsy one) and has enabled us to communicate when
>>     the whole
>>     >  group was concerned (even if communication was not 100 %
>>     perfect) and to
>>     >  get things done or going. People usually reverted to French or
>>     Dutch
>>     >  when speaking of informal matters in smaller sub-groups (during
>>     breaks,
>>     >  for example); they usually switched back to English when
>>     someone who
>>     >  could not understand the language felt an interest in the topic
>>     at hand.
>>     >
>>     >  In the past few months, I reduced my involvement in Ubuntu-be
>>     >  significantly because of big (time-consuming) changes in my
>>     personal
>>     >  life. I kept reading this list, though (and I have no problem
>>     reading
>>     >  messages in English, Dutch, French or German). And I must say I
>> do
> [...]

What is the current policy on quoting and such?
Bottom-post?
Top-post?
Interleaved?
Snipping or not?
Long sigs, short sigs?

--
Amedee Van Gasse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:

   1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
   2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and
make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends
itself to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
   3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
   4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
may be included on your message.