I think the license is more expensive but:

All those trail versions that are installed (anti-virus, ...), most of
the time the first things I throw away if I have to make a windows
computer ready to use for someone. They pay the manifacturers to get
their software onto that computer, that reduces the cost of the OS.

Ward

Op 13-09-12 15:41, Y P schreef:
> IMHO they lie: there isn't any MS license for *only* €7 at all! Why
> should MS lose so much money per unit while they ask much much more
> to end users for a single Win license ? !
>
> Y P
>

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:38:44PM +0200, martijn cielen wrote:
>> Obviously the selling price doesn't say a thing about the price
>> Asus pays to MS. I tried getting my money back for an EEE 900,
>> and they literally told me "we pay MS € 7 for Windows, so that's
>> what we can refund". Truth or lie, that remains unknown
>> ofcourse. IMHO they lie: there isn't any MS license for *only* €7
>> at all! Why should
MS lose so much money per unit while they ask much much more to end users
for a single Win license ? !
>> Martijn
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Y P <yellowpeng...@edpnet.be>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Martijn,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure you're right, but things can change: a few years
>>> ago I saw the EEE 900 or 901 @ MediaM..... for €390 (Win) while
>>> the same device was available with Xandros for €299; so this is
>>> (/was) more than only €7. The problem with the 1225C is that it
>>> doesn't seem to be available anyway, not with Win nor with
>>> Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> Y P

>>> to do
>>> bought