Public bug reported:
This is an up to date intrepid amd64 as of 17 oct.
I am trying to download a roughly 150-200mb .wmv file. When I click the
link to download firefox asks me if I want to open with movie player or
save the file. Before I can answer this another pop up dialog opens with
the following message.
"There is not enough room on the disk to save /tmp/dsxlVmgs.wmv.part.
Remove unnecessary files from the disk and try again, or try saving in a
different location."
The only option is to click "ok" which then closes both dialogs
preventing the file from being saved to "a different location" with more
space.
My filesystem (/) and home (/home) are on different partitions. / has
725.1MB free and /home has 11.7GB free as reported by nautilus. Both
have enough space for this movie. Oddly /tmp only reports having 992.0KB
free.
Here is the relevant output of 'df -h'
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 4.7G 3.8G 726M 85% /
/dev/sda5 74G 59G 12G 84% /home
overflow 1.0M 32K 992K 4% /tmp
First off is /tmp supposed to have a size limit and if so why is mine
only 1MB?
The other issue here is that "save file" by default and manual selection
saves into the /home partition which has tons of space. Even if my /tmp
and / are full it should allow me to save to /home which has space.
SIDE NOTES: I realize my filesystem is too low on space (it only has any
free because i ran 'apt-get clean') and I plan to allocate more to it
someday when I have access to a cd drive so that i can resize partitions
with a live cd.
Could the problem have been that when the computer was turned on it had
very very little space causing /tmp to be limited to a very small size
and this limit was not changed when more space became available?
** Affects: ubuntu
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Description changed:
- This is an up to date intrepid ami64 as of 17 oct.
+ This is an up to date intrepid amd64 as of 17 oct.
I am trying to download a roughly 150-200mb .wmv file. When I click the
link to download firefox asks me if I want to open with movie player or
save the file. Before I can answer this another pop up dialog opens with
the following message.
"There is not enough room on the disk to save /tmp/dsxlVmgs.wmv.part.
Remove unnecessary files from the disk and try again, or try saving in a
different location."
My filesystem (/) and home (/home) are on different partitions. / has
725.1MB free and /home has 11.7GB free as reported by nautilus. Both
have enough space for this movie. Oddly /tmp only reports having 992.0KB
free.
Here is the relevant output of 'df -h'
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 4.7G 3.8G 726M 85% /
/dev/sda5 74G 59G 12G 84% /home
overflow 1.0M 32K 992K 4% /tmp
First off is /tmp supposed to have a size limit and if so why is mine
only 1MB?
The other issue here is that "save file" by default and manual selection
saves into the /home partition which has tons of space. Even if my /tmp
and / are full it should allow me to save to /home which has space.
SIDE NOTES: I realize my filesystem is too low on space (it only has
that much because i ran 'apt-get clean') and I plan to allocate more to
in someday when I have access to a cd drive so that i can resize
partitions.
Could the problem have been that when the computer was turned on it had
very very little space causing /tmp to be limited to a very small size
and this limit was not changed when more space became available?
** Description changed:
This is an up to date intrepid amd64 as of 17 oct.
I am trying to download a roughly 150-200mb .wmv file. When I click the
link to download firefox asks me if I want to open with movie player or
save the file. Before I can answer this another pop up dialog opens with
the following message.
"There is not enough room on the disk to save /tmp/dsxlVmgs.wmv.part.
Remove unnecessary files from the disk and try again, or try saving in a
different location."
+
+ The only option is to click "ok" which then closes both dialogs
+ preventing the file from being saved to "a different location" with more
+ space.
My filesystem (/) and home (/home) are on different partitions. / has
725.1MB free and /home has 11.7GB free as reported by nautilus. Both
have enough space for this movie. Oddly /tmp only reports having 992.0KB
free.
Here is the relevant output of 'df -h'
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 4.7G 3.8G 726M 85% /
/dev/sda5 74G 59G 12G 84% /home
overflow 1.0M 32K 992K 4% /tmp
First off is /tmp supposed to have a size limit and if so why is mine
only 1MB?
The other issue here is that "save file" by default and manual selection
saves into the /home partition which has tons of space. Even if my /tmp
and / are full it should allow me to save to /home which has space.
- SIDE NOTES: I realize my filesystem is too low on space (it only has
- that much because i ran 'apt-get clean') and I plan to allocate more to
- in someday when I have access to a cd drive so that i can resize
- partitions.
+ SIDE NOTES: I realize my filesystem is too low on space (it only has any
+ free because i ran 'apt-get clean') and I plan to allocate more to it
+ someday when I have access to a cd drive so that i can resize partitions
+ with a live cd.
Could the problem have been that when the computer was turned on it had
very very little space causing /tmp to be limited to a very small size
and this limit was not changed when more space became available?
--
incorrect error: there is not enough room on the disk to save
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/285080
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs