Okay if I understand this correctly, X is going through its usual Wakeup
handling, and one of the input extensions tries to write a message to
the log, however something is wrong and in trying to free a string
(maybe the tmpBuf in LogVMessageVerb?) it crashes.  Then, I guess it is
trying to write this backtrace to the log but of course can't do that,
and I guess this triggers the heap corruption?

This seems to be an unusually severe crash, it's not surprising apport
had trouble with it.  If there's any way we can get a full backtrace, it
would help fill in some of the gaps in this understanding.

Would it be possible for you to run X in gdb with a break on
xf86Wakeup(), and step through the lines in that routine to see which
line leads to the crash?

-- 
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/328035
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to