On Thursday 07 January 2010 14:47:33 Johan Walles wrote:
> For clarification, if this is the same thing I'm having it's preventing
> my machine from booting.

This bug is only about the error messages. They are the same and that makes it 
difficult to know what is going on. (However, I do have a lot of machines that 
suffer from the same problem as yours and can't boot.)
 
> I have about 10 NFS mounts, and my machine hangs on boot with the above
> printouts.
> 
> To work around this, and boot into X so I can log in, I can enter the
> recovery shell, do "mount -a", and exit the recovery shell.

The same is the case on my servers. I think the problem you describe is caused 
by bug #470776. The situation is not very consistent. Some machines simply 
can't boot and others boot, but don't mount NFS. Still others (like the 
example) do boot and mount the shares, but tell me it didn't work. (That's 
what this bug is about.) There is also bug #431248 with some discussion, but 
that one is considered fixed.

> This enables me to boot into X.  I still cannot access my virtual text
> consoles after this; I assume that the boot process is still waiting for
> something else...

That might be something else, like a problem with the video driver.

-- 
Inconsistent error message: Filesystem could not be mounted
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/504224
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to