Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: kdm

KDM fails to initialize while booting. Resolves itself if I hit the reboot 
button. This doesn't happen when I intentionally restart PC from the Log Out 
menu. But if I shut down my PC and press the power button to start it, it 
freezes on the part where KDM should've initialized. Tried waiting for 2 hours 
to see if it's running tests or what but I have to resort again to pressing the 
reboot button to start it.
Also, while booting up, grub seems to say "resuming from disk image".. then 
failing then starts boot up.
uname: Linux ubuntu 2.6.20-15-generic #2 SMP Sun Apr 15 07:36:31 UTC 2007 i686 
GNU/Linux
lsb_release: Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty
Hardware: Celeron 2.7GHz, 512MB RAM (16MB shared), 60GB HDD (primary) - sda1 
2GB swap, sda2 32GB /home, sda5 13GB /, sda6 8GB /media/Edubuntu

** Affects: kdebase (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: Unconfirmed

-- 
KDM fails to initialize when booting, have to hit the reboot button to solve 
this.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/110758
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Team, which is a bug contact for kdebase in ubuntu.

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to