Public bug reported:

I was able to download and install Google Earth from 
'http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earth/download/ge/agree.html', on Ubuntu 
Oneiric (64 bit). After a subsequent upgrade broke Ubuntu, I re-installed 
Ubuntu Oneiric, via the daily update package and downloaded and installed 
Google Earth (together with lsb-core). 
I restarted and selected Google Earth, the splash screen opened and then Google 
Earth crashed. I think the problem may be associated with a recent Ubuntu 
Oneiric update, since the same package version was successfully installed on an 
earlier version of Ubuntu Oneiric.
To confirm this, I successfully installed the same version of Google Earth in 
Ubuntu Natty.
For reference, I include a copy of the googleearth crashlog:-

Major Version 6
Minor Version 0
Build Number 0003
Build Date May 17 2011
Build Time 00:40:40
OS Type 3
OS Major Version 3
OS Minor Version 0
OS Build Version 0
OS Patch Version 0
Crash Signal 11
Crash Time 1316180898
Up Time 2.65895

Stacktrace from glibc:
./libgoogleearth_free.so(+0xab953)[0xf7711953]
./libgoogleearth_free.so(+0xabad3)[0xf7711ad3]
[0xf7781400]

** Affects: ubuntu
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/851933

Title:
  After some recent updates, can't install Google Earth

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/851933/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to