Public bug reported:

I had two OS, Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows Vista. I wanted to replace Ubuntu 12.04 
by Ubuntu 11.04.
When I tried to install Ubuntu 11.04 from Desktop CD, the installer crashed 
while copying the files. The error message suggested to send an error report to 
you with the files  >>/var/log/syslog<< and >>/var/log/partman<<. But I can 
include only one attachment.    

Then, this window appeared:
>>The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session will now 
>>be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again.<<

I have tried to install Ubuntu 11.04 again, the same result.

** Affects: ubiquity (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1047873

Title:
  installation of Ubuntu 11.04 failed

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1047873/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to