Reinstalling tzdata-java worked for me after updating openjdk-7 in the
last few hours:

sudo apt-get --reinstall install tzdata-java

It was the only thing I did to fix the bug for me. I didn't modify the
manually installed Eclipse Juno (4.2) that I was running when I noticed
the bug, and the NullPointerException was reproducible using the
following java file--compiled and run on the command line--up until I
reinstalled tzdata-java:

    import java.util.TimeZone;

    public class TZTest {
        public static void main(String args[]) {
            String[] availableIds = TimeZone.getAvailableIDs();
           System.out.println("Length: "+availableIds.length);
            for (int i = 0; i < availableIds.length; i++) {
                System.out.println("ID #"+i+": "+availableIds[i]);

You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

  java-6-openjdk-amd64 + Eclipse not working

To manage notifications about this bug go to:

ubuntu-bugs mailing list

Reply via email to