Public bug reported:

Since I'm fond of GTK+ and I hate to be stuck to old technologies, I
tried to make matplotlib work with GTK+ 3 and Python 3 and installed
"python3-matplotlib" package together with the suggested dependency
suited for GTK3Cairo backend (the only one known to work with the tools
I'd like to employ): "python3-cairo".. Things go well (no error messages
when I import pyplot) until I try to plot a simple function graph... a
white canvas on the plotting window.. when I try to move the figure
through the toolbox provided by matplotlib, I see a lot of errors
appearing on the shell about cairo classes which cannot be found from
the gi repository.. So I get the package with the required objects
("python3-gi-cairo").. This seems to have resolved problems with
plotting... So shouldn't it be "python3-gi-cairo" the right package to
recommend from matplotlib package instead of "python3-cairo"? Besides it
depends on both python3-cairo and python3-gi which you require to code
with Python3 and GTK+... I have Ubuntu Saucy 13.10, but I think the
misbehaviour is in other versions, too..

** Affects: matplotlib (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: cairo dependency gtk3 matplotlib

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1243653

Title:
  right dependencies for GTK3Cairo backend

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/matplotlib/+bug/1243653/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to