Public bug reported:
I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. apt-cache policy xfdesktop4 returns the
version 4.11.6-1ubuntu1. When try to change the desktop background in
the desktop setting dialog nothing happens. I verified with "xfconf-
query -c xfce4-desktop -m" that nothing changes when I select a
different background or settings like style and color.
Output from xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -lv
/backdrop/screen0/monitor0/image-path
/usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/xubuntu-wallpaper.png
/backdrop/screen0/monitor0/image-show true
/backdrop/screen0/monitor0/image-style 5
/backdrop/screen0/monitor1/image-path
/usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/xubuntu-wallpaper.png
/backdrop/screen0/monitor1/image-show true
/backdrop/screen0/monitor1/image-style 5
/backdrop/single-workspace-mode true
/backdrop/single-workspace-number 0
/desktop-icons/file-icons/show-filesystem false
/desktop-icons/file-icons/show-home false
/desktop-icons/file-icons/show-removable false
/desktop-icons/file-icons/show-trash false
/desktop-icons/style 2
/desktop-menu/show true
/last/window-height 679
/last/window-width 618
xfce4-desktop.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel name="xfce4-desktop" version="1.0">
<property name="desktop-icons" type="empty">
<property name="style" type="empty"/>
<property name="file-icons" type="empty">
<property name="show-home" type="bool" value="false"/>
<property name="show-filesystem" type="bool" value="false"/>
<property name="show-removable" type="bool" value="false"/>
<property name="show-trash" type="bool" value="false"/>
</property>
</property>
<property name="backdrop" type="empty">
<property name="screen0" type="empty">
<property name="monitor0" type="empty">
<property name="image-path" type="empty"/>
<property name="image-style" type="empty"/>
<property name="image-show" type="empty"/>
</property>
<property name="monitor1" type="empty">
<property name="image-path" type="empty"/>
<property name="image-style" type="empty"/>
<property name="image-show" type="empty"/>
</property>
</property>
<property name="single-workspace-mode" type="bool" value="true"/>
<property name="single-workspace-number" type="int" value="0"/>
</property>
<property name="last" type="empty">
<property name="window-width" type="int" value="618"/>
<property name="window-height" type="int" value="679"/>
</property>
<property name="desktop-menu" type="empty">
<property name="show" type="bool" value="true"/>
</property>
</channel>
It may have something to do with my multi monitor setup and using base
mosaic, so I will attach my xorg.conf file also. I run 3 monitors off
one NVS 450.
Notice the difference in monitors. xorg.conf lists one.
xfce4-desktop.xml lists two. I actually run three in one x screen that
spans across all three monitors.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: xfdesktop4 4.11.6-1ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-24.46-generic 3.13.9
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: XFCE
Date: Thu Oct 9 14:09:20 2014
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-07-23 (77 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
SourcePackage: xfdesktop4
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
** Affects: xfdesktop4 (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug background desktop trusty xfce
** Attachment added: "xorg.conf"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1379471/+attachment/4229930/+files/xorg.conf
** Summary changed:
- Cannot change desktop background
+ Cannot change desktop background in Xfce
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1379471
Title:
Cannot change desktop background in Xfce
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfdesktop4/+bug/1379471/+subscriptions
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs