Public bug reported:
I can't boot Ubuntu 14.10 (64-bit desktop) on the Asus EeeBook X205,
which is a new model of netbook.
The UEFI firmware recognises the DVD, and it seems to do quite a lot of
IO before giving up, and returning to the firmware screen. I disabled
SecureBoot (which involves asking the UEFI firmware to remove all keys,
etc. from the NVRAM, which is a one-way operation apparently!), but that
didn't help.
The SHA256SUMS match, so the DVD isn't faulty. If I use Qemu on my
desktop machine with a UEFI firmware, then I can get as far as Grub. (I
used the command qemu-system-x86_64 -bios OVMF.fd -cdrom /dev/sr2)
I don't see any way to get a UEFI shell up.
** Affects: shim (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1405791
Title:
Can't boot on Ubuntu 14.10 on Asus EeeBook X205
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shim/+bug/1405791/+subscriptions
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs