** Description changed:
- Currently, Vivid Vervet still packages Mnemosyne version 2.2.1 which was
- released in on 2013-04-15. However, 2.3 was released on 2014-04-23,
- 2.3.1 on 2014-06-18, and 2.3.2 on 2015-02-25.
+ All versions of Ubuntu from Trusty Tahr to Yakkety Yak still package
+ Mnemosyne version 2.2.1 which had been released on 2013-04-15. However,
+ 2.3 was released on 2014-04-23, 2.3.1 on 2014-06-18, 2.3.2 on
+ 2015-02-25, … and 2.3.6 on 2016-05-02.
Judging from personal experience (installation from tarball running on
- Trusty Tahr) and the official changelog, the more recent versions are
- coming with new features but also with many of bug fixes. I'm expecting
- 2.3.2 to be at least as stable as 2.2.1.
+ Ubuntu versions from Trusty Tahr to Xenial Xerus) and the official
+ changelog, the more recent versions are coming with new features but
+ also with many bug fixes, localization enhancements, and stability as
+ well as user interface improvements. I expect 2.3.6 behaving much more
+ stable and consistently than 2.2.1.
- Is the any chance to see this new version in Vivid Vervet?
+ Is there any chance to see this new version in Yakkety Yak?
For changes see:
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
Recent Ubuntu versions still package the extremely outdated version
2.2.1 although 2.3.6 is available.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list