Public bug reported:
1) Navigate to a site displaying a SVG image inline 
2) Notice that, in this case, the svg is actually rendered as a png (as wiki
states "Size of this PNG preview of this SVG file: 285 × 285 pixels")
3) Note that you can right click and perform "save image"
4) Now left click on the image to navigate to its source
5) Notice that you now cannot right click on the svg to "save image"
What I expected to happen:
- At step 5 to be able to save the svg in the same way as other images or an
option such as "save document"
I suspect the issue is that the browser detects the svg as a document not an
image, looking at other browsers (Firefox and Chrome), they allow for a "Save
Page As..." option which allows you to save the svg document/image.
Running trunk webbrowser-app on xenial + stable phone overlay.
$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
0 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Logo-ubuntu_cof-orange-hex.svg
** Affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
Unable to download SVG images via right click
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list