Hi Again. I decided to try something new today. As I mentioned
previously, when I boot it goes directly into a blackscreen - but I
believed I could blindly log in. So today I did the following:
1. Cleared my syslog (just wanted to see if there were obvious errors going
2. Rebooted my computer (with the 4.4x kernel)
3. As soon as the screen turned black I entered in the pass-phrase for the
4. I waited until the HDD light stopped flashing
5. Once the HDD stopped flashing, I entered my login password (again- I'm doing
this blindly as I could not see anything).
6. The screen flashed for a second and the desktop actually loaded!
Not sure if this helps your investigation or not but I hope so.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
Kernels 4.3-4.8 result in blackscreen - Intel Ivybridge
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list