** Description changed:
- I click the Nautilus/Files icon in the launcher and it starts to execute
- its loading animation like usual. Then the program opens, but the
- indicators for running/open program do not appear. It's still showing
- the same flashing launcher animation until it stops and the icon resets
- to the inactive state. If I click it now, it will repeat the effects
+ Sometimes I click the Nautilus icon and it just stays there executing
+ the launcher animation for a couple of seconds until it stops; without
+ opening the program. Clicking it again only triggers the same animation
+ and the same effect.
- The workaround is to open the trash and click on any other folder that's
- not an external device or the trash itself. The indicators for Files
- reappear and I can open new windows and operate normally.
+ Sometimes it happens when an instance of the program is already running,
+ as seen in the screenshot. My workaround is to open the trash and click
+ on any other folder that's not an external device or the trash itself.
+ The indicators for Files will appear and I can open new windows and
+ operate normally.
It is not reproducible all the time. It is unclear to me at which
conditions it starts to happen. Screenshot attached shows Nautilus
running and focused with no indicators on its icon.
+ Ubuntu 16.04
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
Nautilus - no indicators - flashing icon
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list