Nope, the problem is still present in -proposed. Here's a more detailed
procedure of reproducing the bug:
- Do a clean Ubuntu install. I installed Ubuntu from the 16.04.3 desktop media
to a VirtualBox VM.
- Do a "apt update && apt upgrade" as usual
- Per the instructions from <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed>,
do what is told in the "Selective upgrading from -proposed" section.
- Add a stuck job to the CUPS queue. My way to do this is to add a network
printer with URI "socket://0.0.0.0". As the driver I used the "Generic PCL
Laser". Now, print a test page.
- Now we should be able to pinpoint the packages we want to upgrade to
-proposed. Run command "sudo apt -t xenial-proposed install cups-daemon"
- Now we have a broken packaging system. The command "sudo apt upgrade" will
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
package cups-daemon 2.1.3-4 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess new
pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list