It's all about ACPI.
I've tried several kernels from 4.10 to 4.13, and the following is true
for all of them:
- gnome+xorg freezes after login if acpi=on
- gnome+wayland works if acpi=on, but has many issues which make it unusable
(for example, I cannot open synaptic or any other gksudo application)
- gnome+xorg works if acpi=on, but:
* touchpad does not work
* battery indicators does not work
* acpi -V says "No support for device type: power_supply"
* suspend does not work
* hibernate works only some of the time
* shutdown is not clean: it leaves the computer on, and a single press of
the power button is required to complete the shutdown
So I don't know, how do I report this?
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1738560
Title:
touch pad stopped working after upgrade to artful 17.10
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1738560/+subscriptions
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs