** Description changed:
+ FFe Justification
+ This upgrade was ready a little bit late because we wanted to fix some
regressions identified in testing the new version instead of rushing it in.
- The app icon was renamed from 'preferences-system' to 'gnome-control-
+ 1. The app icon was renamed from 'preferences-system' to 'gnome-control-
center'. We'll want to update humanity-icon-theme and the Ubuntu Budgie
default themes. But there is a naming issue with gnome-icon-theme so
let's hold off on changing icon themes until that gets resolved:
+ 2. You can't maximize the Settings app (button is there, but doesn't
+ work). Maybe only affects when run in a VM?
1. Rebase 70_allow_sound_above_100.patch
(This patch has been somewhat upstreamed. However, the upstream feature is
incomplete without the gnome-settings-daemon patches that haven't been accepted
upstream yet. Also, the upstream gsettings schema for this feature has a
different name than the Ubuntu schema. Didier's plan was to keep using the
Ubuntu schema name until the gnome-settings-daemon patches were accepted. After
that, we'll need a way to migrate the gsettings schema.)
-> rebasing is done, keeping the same gsettings key than in artful.
- Other Issues
- 1. Background panel redesign might get a GNOME 3.28 UI Freeze Exception
+ 2. Background panel redesign (didn't land for 3.28 so never mind)
- Current patches look like v4 at
+ 3. The default 'faces' (user avatars) were changed and there was an
+ upgrade issue.
- - Not possible to set Lock Screen background
- - Not possible to set a solid color as background
- - It has an "Open Photos app" link at the bottom, but our default photo app
- 2. The default 'faces' (user avatars) were changed. This breaks existing
- user avatar selections. Affects Ubuntu, Ubuntu Budgie, Ubuntu Unity.
- Update: there is a merge proposal for the avatar issue:
- 3. You can't maximize the Settings app (button is there, but doesn't
I believe this can be updated independently of gnome-settings-daemon or
- Packaging is at
Packages are available in the GNOME3 Staging PPA for bionic.
** Summary changed:
- Update gnome-control-center to 3.27.90
+ FFe: Update gnome-control-center to 3.27.90
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
FFe: Update gnome-control-center to 3.27.90
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list