Public bug reported:
* Instances on Rackspace currently use an agent to configure the
instance which is not in the Ubuntu archive. The rax-nova-agent to be
included in stable releases is a replacement for the agent not included
in the archive.
* 1. Generate Ubuntu image including rax-nova-agent and boot it in Rackspace's
2. Perform tests on the image CPC Team find necessary.
* 1. Boot an image containing the agent to be replaced in Rackspace's network.
The agent to be replaced is packaged as rax-openstack-guest-agents.
2. Upgrade to rax-nova-agent.
3. Perform tests on the image CPC Team find necessary.
* Instances containing rax-nova-agent may fail to operate properly in
Rackspace's network including potentially failing to boot, apply user's
configuration or mis-configuring the system.
* The potential regressions may arise upon booting from an image containing
rax-nova-agent pre-installed or on images upgrading from
** Affects: rax-nova-agent (Ubuntu)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
[SRU] Please accept rax-nova-agent to supported releases
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list