Public bug reported:
Release: Kubuntu 17.10.1
kernel: Linux 4.13.0-38-generic x86_64
If I scroll quickly or extensively, my session crashes to a black screen
resetting to the login dialog for SDDM. I am unsure if this is KWin,
Plasma, or SDDM, but I have tested the following scenarios:
* I noticed before a crash that I repeatedly see this in Xorg.0.log on repeated
scrolling within a window, regardless of it being a Logitech speed scroll or
[Xi] Too many valuators reported for device 'Virtual core pointer'.
Previous to any crash, 2 of these appear: [dix] EventToCore: Not
* Wayland and Xorg show the same behavior when I scroll--crashing after I
* This occurs whether I scroll in Firefox 58.0.1, Kate, Dolphin noting the lack
of specific graphical toolkits relating to this issue.
* If Plasma was the culprit I am supposing it would just restart plasma-desktop
rather that lead me back to the login dialog.
* Intel HD 530 graphics (Nvidia modules blacklisted for bbswitch to load on
demand), with SNA acceleration. UXA acceleration also showed the same behavior
after restarting with change to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/21-intel.conf
Hoping to fix session crashing on Plasma/SDDM/KWin when scrolling.
** Affects: sddm (Ubuntu)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
SDDM Crash on Scroll
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list