Public bug reported:
The kpatch package needs to be updated to support bionic.
The updated package contains fixes for these bugs:
- kpatch-dkms 0.3.2-1ubuntu4.2: kpatch kernel module failed to build (#1665613)
- kpatch ADT test failures with 4.10 kernels (#1659581)
The upstream source for kpatch does not use changelogs. The git commit record
This package update contains all upstream commits between v0.3.2 and 0.5.0, as
well as a set of
- to safely patch ubuntu kernels, we must build the way ubuntu kernels are
built and not just use the mainline kernel's makefile.
- we must use the paths for binaries where they are installed via debian
- support is added for ubuntu's included external packages. (ZFS)
- support is added for ubuntu kernel flavors. (generic, lowlatency)
Testing that was performed: (logs will be attached for all items)
- building using pbuilder and installing and removing the debians
- building the DKMS module and installing it
- building a livepatch module from a source patch
** Affects: kpatch (Ubuntu)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
Feature freeze exception for kpatch 0.5.0
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list