Public bug reported:
Hi,
I upgraded my Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 on a PowerBook 17" and lost the use of
my 5in1 adapter pcmcia card reader.
After searching on the web I find that it could be due to the kernel
version, I then looked at /boot and discover that vmlinux and initrd.img
were symbolic links to kernel 2.6.15-23-powerpc files although according
to the package list the most recent kernel is vmlinux-2.6.22-14-powerpc.
I thus changed by hand those links to the most recent kernel and get my
adapter working again. Ouf!
Is it expected that these symbolic links are not upgraded during the
change from 7.04 to 7.10 on PowerPC?
Regards,
LP
** Affects: ubuntu
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
Missing symbolic link to new kernel (Ubunut PPC)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/164574
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is the bug contact for Ubuntu.
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs