Public bug reported:
It tells me it was probably caused by unofficial packages and to use
ppa-purge to remove them, but I have no ppa packages installed.
dpkg -l | grep ~ppa
returns nothing.
The dist upgrade tells me to report this as a bug if it isn't true that
I have PPAs to remove.
I have made sure my system is fully upgraded.
I tried taking a look at the log files suggested. I did try simulating
purging python, but that would result in removing hundreds of packages.
I then installed another python version which made no difference.I
purged usrmerge as it was one of the "broken packages" mentioned in the
logs that seemed like it didn't do anything, but that made no difference
either.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:22.04.20
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-124.134-generic 5.15.163
Uname: Linux 5.15.0-124-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.6
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
CrashDB: ubuntu
CrashReports:
640:1000:125:14931251:2024-10-13 21:08:35.569548197 +0200:2024-10-13
21:08:33.377529979 +0200:/var/crash/_usr_share_discord_Discord.1000.crash
640:1000:125:766239637:2024-10-19 21:12:54.608461646 +0200:2024-10-19
21:12:02.824929766 +0200:/var/crash/_usr_bin_krita.1000.crash
CurrentDesktop: KDE
Date: Sun Oct 20 19:35:29 2024
InstallationDate: Installed on 2021-02-05 (1352 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Release amd64 (20201022)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: ubuntu-release-upgrader
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2024-10-20 (0 days ago)
** Affects: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug dist-upgrade jammy
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2085046
Title:
do-release-upgrade from 22.04 to 24.04 failing
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/2085046/+subscriptions
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs