You have been subscribed to a public bug:

On stonking, I wanted to try flatpaks for testing purposes before
release (to make sure everything still worked) so I installed bazaar,
upon opening it, I was given this error message:

(bazaar:17034): Adwaita-WARNING **: 16:31:28.044: No known yaru accent
color 'MATE'

(bazaar:17034): Adwaita-WARNING **: 16:31:28.045: No known Yaru accent
'MATE'

(bazaar:17034): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:31:28.120: No IM module matching 
GTK_IM_MODULE=scim found
Segmentation fault         (core dumped) bazaar

I later tested this with another gtk4 app, to see if libadwaita or
something else was the problem, or just bazaar, and had this result:

(papers:21460): Adwaita-WARNING **: 16:41:17.010: No known yaru accent
color 'MATE'

(papers:21460): Adwaita-WARNING **: 16:41:17.010: No known Yaru accent
'MATE'

(papers:21460): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:41:17.086: No IM module matching
GTK_IM_MODULE=scim found

thread 'main' (21460) has overflowed its stack
fatal runtime error: stack overflow, aborting
Aborted                    (core dumped) papers

This seems clear to me a pattern that the packaged libadwaita apps are
not playing nice with mate for some reason. I don't know why, but I hope
we can get it fixed before release, I really want ubuntu mate's relaunch
to go smoothly.

** Affects: gtk4 (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: Confirmed

** Affects: ubuntu-unity
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
Segfault on GTK4/Libadwaita applications
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168329
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, 
which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to