Public bug reported:

I have 2 computers, both running Ubuntu 24.04.4 lts. I am running the
Wayland GDM on both because I have multiple screens on both computers
and the x11 lack of variable screen zooming does not work for me.  On
both computers over this past week the mouse has started jumping
erratically when I move it.  I have not see any other bug reports about
this issue, but it started this week on both computers for me. About 30%
of the time the mouse is OK and runs smoothly, but then the majority of
the time it is moving in quite a jumpy fashion. The processors on both
machines are not overloaded in any way. On the one machine I have an
intel i915 and on the other it is the slightly older intel 620 inbuilt
graphics.  On the one machine I seem to think even the keyboard can be a
bit erratic in its smooth take up of keystrokes.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 24.04
Package: gnome-shell 46.0-0ubuntu6~24.04.14
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-34.34~24.04.1-generic 7.0.14
Uname: Linux 7.0.0-34-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.28.3-0ubuntu0.1
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
Date: Sat Sep 26 16:09:34 2026
DisplayManager: gdm3
GsettingsChanges:
 
InstallationDate: Installed on 2026-04-17 (162 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04.4 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20260210)
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 SHELL=/bin/bash
 TERM=xterm-256color
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 46.2-1ubuntu0.24.04.16
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug noble third-party-packages

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168622

Title:
  Jumpy mouse Wayland Ubuntu 24 on 2 computers this week

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/2168622/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to