Public bug reported:

Using the development version, with a 3070 ti card, after updating from 
nvidia-driver-610-open to nvidia-driver-615-open my gnome-session crashes when 
I try to run an electron app (e.g. thorium) or run a wine-wayland app (e.g. 
warframe, through GEproton-11-7 with PROTON_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1). I don't know if 
it is relevant, but this happens when the app starts a new window by itself: 
only when I open a document window in thorium, or when I click the launcher in 
warframe.
I cannot downgrade to nvidia-610, because it became a transitional package.
Let me know if there is more data I can send.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.10
Package: nvidia-driver-615-open 615.71.09-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.3.0-6.6-generic 7.3.0-rc4
Uname: Linux 7.3.0-6-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.36.0-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Sep 27 18:25:02 2026
InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-01-31 (1700 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64 (20220126)
SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-615
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to stonking on 2026-08-03 (55 days ago)

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-615 (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug stonking wayland-session

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168674

Title:
  Electron apps and almost all steam games crash gnome-session

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-615/+bug/2168674/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to