I'm seeing this on Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS after upgrading. In my case it
happens when I drag Firefox to the left edge of the screen. Instead of
snapping neatly into the left half, roughly half the window ends up
outside the screen. It stays there until I untile it. This worked before
the upgrade, and I haven't seen it with the other apps I've tried.

My versions:

- Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS
- GNOME Shell 50.1 (gnome-shell 50.1-0ubuntu1.2)
- Wayland session
- Firefox snap 156.0.1-1
- Ubuntu Tiling Assistant, version 54 ([email protected])
- gnome-shell-ubuntu-extensions 50.26.04.8ubuntu

Steps:

1. With Ubuntu Tiling Assistant enabled, open Firefox.
2. Drag the window to the left screen edge and release it to snap it to that 
side.
3. The window ends up partly off-screen rather than filling the left half 
within the screen.

Disabling Ubuntu Tiling Assistant and restoring GNOME's native edge
tiling fixes it here. After I untile Firefox and drag it to the edge
again, it stays fully on-screen and takes the correct position.

I also have Dash to Panel and ArcMenu enabled. I haven't tested with all
other extensions disabled.

This looks like the same placement problem. Could the fix be backported
to Ubuntu 26.04?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2155749

Title:
  Window snapping overflows right edge on right-half snap

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-ubuntu-extensions/+bug/2155749/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to