Please use this debdiff instead of the previous one. I updated it to
include the CVE numbers which were not available when I first prepared
this upload.

** Patch added: "lomiri-download-manager_0.2.2-1ubuntu0.1.debdiff"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lomiri-download-manager/+bug/2167356/+attachment/6003767/+files/lomiri-download-manager_0.2.2-1ubuntu0.1.debdiff

** Description changed:

- lomiri-download-manager 0.3.3 includes 2 security fixes. A CVE has not been 
assigned yet. The security issues can be summarized as
- - arbitrary root command execution
- - unathenticated file access
+ lomiri-download-manager 0.3.3 includes 2 security fixes.
+ 
+ The security issues can be summarized as
+ - arbitrary root command execution (CVE-2026-96425)
+ - unathenticated file access (CVE-2026-96424)
  
  Testing Done
  ------------
  I successfully built lomiri-download-manager with the attached debdiff on 
Ubuntu 26.04 LTS and installed it onto Ubuntu 26.04 LTS running the Lomiri 
desktop.
  
  Once I had lomiri-upload-manager installed and then logged out and
  logged back in, I verified that I could use the poc.py from #18 to gain
  access to a file I shouldn't have. After installing the update and
  logging out and logging back in, I was unable to use poc.py to access
  that file.
  
  I verified the first command of the #17 proof of concept worked. After
  installing the update and logging out and logging back in, that proof of
  concept no longer worked. #17 has a second command that I wasn't able to
  get working.
  
  Other Info
  ----------
  The original bug reports are here, but are not yet public:
  
https://gitlab.com/ubports/development/core/lomiri-download-manager/-/work_items/17
  
https://gitlab.com/ubports/development/core/lomiri-download-manager/-/work_items/18
  
  lomiri-upload-manager's only reverse dependency in Ubuntu is nuntium
  which itself has no reverse dependencies so it's unlikely for that
  component to be pre-installed. However the #17 proof of concept doesn't
  need lomiri-upload-manager.
  
  There is not yet an official or unofficial Ubuntu desktop flavor for
  Lomiri.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2167356

Title:
  September 2026 security update

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lomiri-download-manager/+bug/2167356/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to