Public bug reported:

The wifi adapter does not appear under the stonking beta images, running
linux-raspi 7.3.0-1002-raspi. I've checked the linux-firmware-raspi
package is present, with the relevant firmware blobs, but wlan0 doesn't
appear. The following brcmfmac messages are present in dmesg:

$ sudo dmesg | grep brcmfmac
[    1.981931] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15264345
[    1.983221] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio 
for chip BCM4345/6
[    1.983979] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
[    2.131189] brcmfmac: brcmf_fwvid_request_module: mod=cyw: failed 256
[    2.144743] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback: brcmf_attach failed

The messages above are from an RPi 5, but I've verified the adapter
fails to appear on the 3B, 3B+, 4 (several memory models), and the 5 so
it appears this isn't specific to the 43455 used on the later models,
but also affects the 43430 used on the 3B (and Zero 2W, though I haven't
tested that yet).

** Affects: linux-raspi (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

** Description changed:

  The wifi adapter does not appear under the stonking beta images, running
  linux-raspi 7.3. I've checked the linux-firmware-raspi package is
  present, with the relevant firmware blobs, but wlan0 doesn't appear. The
  following brcmfmac messages are present in dmesg:
  
  $ sudo dmesg | grep brcmfmac
  [    1.981931] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15264345
  [    1.983221] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using 
brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
  [    1.983979] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
  [    2.131189] brcmfmac: brcmf_fwvid_request_module: mod=cyw: failed 256
  [    2.144743] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback: brcmf_attach failed
+ 
+ The messages above are from an RPi 5, but I've verified the adapter
+ fails to appear on the 3B, 3B+, 4 (several memory models), and the 5 so
+ it appears this isn't specific to the 43455 used on the later models,
+ but also affects the 43430 used on the 3B (and Zero 2W, though I haven't
+ tested that yet).

** Description changed:

  The wifi adapter does not appear under the stonking beta images, running
- linux-raspi 7.3. I've checked the linux-firmware-raspi package is
- present, with the relevant firmware blobs, but wlan0 doesn't appear. The
- following brcmfmac messages are present in dmesg:
+ linux-raspi 7.3.0-1002-raspi. I've checked the linux-firmware-raspi
+ package is present, with the relevant firmware blobs, but wlan0 doesn't
+ appear. The following brcmfmac messages are present in dmesg:
  
  $ sudo dmesg | grep brcmfmac
  [    1.981931] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15264345
  [    1.983221] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using 
brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
  [    1.983979] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
  [    2.131189] brcmfmac: brcmf_fwvid_request_module: mod=cyw: failed 256
  [    2.144743] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback: brcmf_attach failed
  
  The messages above are from an RPi 5, but I've verified the adapter
  fails to appear on the 3B, 3B+, 4 (several memory models), and the 5 so
  it appears this isn't specific to the 43455 used on the later models,
  but also affects the 43430 used on the 3B (and Zero 2W, though I haven't
  tested that yet).

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169127

Title:
  Wifi not working under 7.3

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-raspi/+bug/2169127/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to