Public bug reported:

If I use tabs for indentation and a monospaced font, the tab stops aren't 
spaced correctly.
In the attached screenshot, I have tabs stops set to 4 and put a tab between 
each of the digits on the second line.

It should be:-
[the dots show the tabs spacing]

12345678901234567890
1...2...3...4
1111....2...3...4

If the text already ends on a tab, a new tab needs to jump 4 spaces to
the next tab stop.

** Affects: gnome-text-editor (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

** Attachment added: "gnome-text-editor-tabs.png"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169123/+attachment/6004175/+files/gnome-text-editor-tabs.png

** Description changed:

  If I use tabs for indentation and a monospaced font, the tab stops aren't 
spaced correctly.
  In the attached screenshot, I have tabs stops set to 4 and put a tab between 
each of the digits on the second line.
  
  It should be:-
+ [the dots show the tabs spacing]
  
  12345678901234567890
- 1   2   3   4
- 1111    2   3   4
+ 1...2...3...4
+ 1111....2...3...4
  
  If the text already ends on a tab, a new tab needs to jump 4 spaces to
  the next tab stop.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169123

Title:
  text editor doesn't show tabs correctly

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-text-editor/+bug/2169123/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to