Public bug reported:

Because of too match text, I need scroll, but seems like ubuntu-bug
can't use scroll. Scroll ability might be added. See screenshot.

P.S. I don't now why ubuntu-bug prefers window. I think ubuntu-bug
should print output to console. This is the simplest solution for all
our problem! Because another problem is that I can't copy any text from
ubuntu-bug report. Allow text copying!

If you want to reproduce, open snap-store and then
```
ubuntu-bug $(pgrep snap-store)
```

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.04
Package: apport 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-31.31-generic 7.0.14
Uname: Linux 7.0.0-31-generic x86_64
ApportLog:

ApportVersion: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri Oct  2 16:48:22 2026
InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-08-19 (774 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
PackageArchitecture: all
RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
SourcePackage: apport
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Affects: apport (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug resolute wayland-session

** Attachment added: "ubuntu-bug should use scroll.png"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169255/+attachment/6004758/+files/ubuntu-bug%20should%20use%20scroll.png

** Description changed:

  Because of too match text, I need scroll, but seems like ubuntu-bug
  can't use scroll. Scroll ability might be added. See screenshot.
  
  P.S. I don't now why ubuntu-bug prefers window. I think ubuntu-bug
  should print output to console. This is the simplest solution for all
  our problem! Because another problem is that I can't copy any text from
  ubuntu-bug report.
  
+ If you want to reproduce, open snap-store and then
+ ```
+ ubuntu-bug $(pgrep snap-store)
+ ```
+ 
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.04
  Package: apport 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-31.31-generic 7.0.14
  Uname: Linux 7.0.0-31-generic x86_64
  ApportLog:
-  
+ 
  ApportVersion: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Oct  2 16:48:22 2026
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-08-19 (774 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  SourcePackage: apport
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Description changed:

  Because of too match text, I need scroll, but seems like ubuntu-bug
  can't use scroll. Scroll ability might be added. See screenshot.
  
  P.S. I don't now why ubuntu-bug prefers window. I think ubuntu-bug
  should print output to console. This is the simplest solution for all
  our problem! Because another problem is that I can't copy any text from
- ubuntu-bug report.
+ ubuntu-bug report. Allow copy text from Warning!
  
  If you want to reproduce, open snap-store and then
  ```
  ubuntu-bug $(pgrep snap-store)
  ```
  
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.04
  Package: apport 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-31.31-generic 7.0.14
  Uname: Linux 7.0.0-31-generic x86_64
  ApportLog:
  
  ApportVersion: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Oct  2 16:48:22 2026
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-08-19 (774 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  SourcePackage: apport
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Description changed:

  Because of too match text, I need scroll, but seems like ubuntu-bug
  can't use scroll. Scroll ability might be added. See screenshot.
  
  P.S. I don't now why ubuntu-bug prefers window. I think ubuntu-bug
  should print output to console. This is the simplest solution for all
  our problem! Because another problem is that I can't copy any text from
- ubuntu-bug report. Allow copy text from Warning!
+ ubuntu-bug report. Allow copy text!
  
  If you want to reproduce, open snap-store and then
  ```
  ubuntu-bug $(pgrep snap-store)
  ```
  
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.04
  Package: apport 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-31.31-generic 7.0.14
  Uname: Linux 7.0.0-31-generic x86_64
  ApportLog:
  
  ApportVersion: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Oct  2 16:48:22 2026
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-08-19 (774 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  SourcePackage: apport
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Description changed:

  Because of too match text, I need scroll, but seems like ubuntu-bug
  can't use scroll. Scroll ability might be added. See screenshot.
  
  P.S. I don't now why ubuntu-bug prefers window. I think ubuntu-bug
  should print output to console. This is the simplest solution for all
  our problem! Because another problem is that I can't copy any text from
- ubuntu-bug report. Allow copy text!
+ ubuntu-bug report. Allow text copying!
  
  If you want to reproduce, open snap-store and then
  ```
  ubuntu-bug $(pgrep snap-store)
  ```
  
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.04
  Package: apport 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-31.31-generic 7.0.14
  Uname: Linux 7.0.0-31-generic x86_64
  ApportLog:
  
  ApportVersion: 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Oct  2 16:48:22 2026
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-08-19 (774 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  SourcePackage: apport
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169255

Title:
  ubuntu-bug should use scroll

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/2169255/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to