Thanks Andreas,

- Fixed the test plan
- This is a minor fix for a warning message APT is supposed to print when it 
switch the stacks
  This fix has been done in Stonking (during the merge) without bug since it is 
quite minor,
  I take the opportunity of this SRU to get it in as well, if you think that a 
separate bug is needed, I can fill one.

  I paste here the commit message in the MR that can explain a bit more
the fix:

...
d/hwe-helper/99-ubuntu-virt.conf: Fix version setting for the hook script

apt derives the DPkg::Tools::options::<key>::Version lookup key from the
hook command's first word (up to the first space), not the script path.
The previous "test -x ... && ... || true" wrapper made that first word
"test", so the "Version 2" setting was silently ignored and apt fell back
to protocol v1, leaving the hook without transaction/removal data on
stdin. Invoke the script directly (first word == options key) so the
protocol v2 negotiation actually takes effect, keeping "|| true" to avoid
aborting apt if the script is missing.
...

I really meant: "so we can skip the || true", this is not about removing "test 
-x"
the comment is about the format of the line:

  DPkg::Tools::options::/usr/bin/apt_hook_ubuntu_virt::Version "2";

it explains why we put "/usr/bin/apt_hook_ubuntu_virt" instead of the
complete command string "/usr/bin/apt_hook_ubuntu_virt || true"

About the output, I think it does not harm to have it since the binary
apt_hook_ubuntu_virt is expected to exist.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2164849

Title:
  purging libvirt-daemon when libvirt-daemon-hwe is installed breaks
  libvirt-daemon-hwe

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/edk2/+bug/2164849/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to