Hi Simon: 
Neither the Desktop Ubuntu 26.04 nor the Server Ubuntu 26.04 boots, as I 
suspect that driver / boot changes needed for the Odroid boards were not sent 
'upstream'. 
Rather than going through all the work involved with starting from a 'vanilla' 
24.04 install, I'm restoring the filesystem from backup and will just keep all 
the boards on 24.04 until they are replaced. 
Thanks for investigating the issue! 

From: "myself" <[email protected]> 
To: "Bug 2169072" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2026 11:38:07 AM 
Subject: Re: [Bug 2169072] Re: do-release-upgrade fails with no error messages 

Hi Simon: 
I removed all the 'mate' packages, as well as the single specific package, 
xserver-xorg-video-armsoc, that was mentioned by do-release-upgrade and it 
still fails. 
As I was planning to do the upgrade on the SBCs that will be running my 
software - about 29 of them - I was hoping for a simple fix. 
For now I'll see if the standard 26.04 install will work with the boards, 
either Desktop or Server. 
If it does, I'll just add the packages that I need on top. 
If not, I'll see what a 'vanilla' 24.04 will do and add the packages. 
If neither works, I can still use 24.04 for my projects... 

From: "Simon Johnsson" <[email protected]> 
To: "myself" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2026 8:56:53 AM 
Subject: [Bug 2169072] Re: do-release-upgrade fails with no error messages 

Thanks for the info! The problem here appears to be that you're using 
the odroid repository rather than the Ubuntu archive, which prevents the 
resolver from upgrading the metapackages correctly. 

Please try downgrading to the metapackages provided by the ubuntu-ports 
repository and then re-attempt the upgrade. 

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug 
report. 
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169072 

Title: 
do-release-upgrade fails with no error messages 

To manage notifications about this bug go to: 
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/2169072/+subscriptions

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169072

Title:
  do-release-upgrade fails with no error messages

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/2169072/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to