apport-collect data above is from the second VM ("kernel-lab") on the
same Hyper-V host, booted into 7.0.0-38-generic (it did not oops during
collection).

Update on the host-CPU confounder: I ran a per-core test on the
i9-14900K host (2026-10-06, 43 min). Each of the 32 logical CPUs was
pinned one at a time (process affinity) and ran Intel Processor
Diagnostic Tool's self-checking modules (Math_FP, Math_PrimeNum, FMA3,
AVX) for 20 s each. Running on one core lets it boost to its maximum
single-core clock, where 13th/14th-gen Vmin-shift degradation usually
shows. The cores that logged WHEA errors (APIC 32/33/41, i.e. logical
CPUs 8-11) went first.

Result: 128/128 module runs passed, no computation errors, 0 new WHEA
events during the run. The earlier full IPDT run (all-core) also passed.

So I can't confirm a defective CPU: the 13 historical WHEA "internal
parity error" events (2026-08-18 to 10-03) and the host bugchecks are
still unexplained, but the CPU passes every test I can run on it. I'm
still treating the hardware as a possible confounder and will try to
reproduce on a different machine.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169338

Title:
  Kernel oops / GPF in path_is_under() from complete_walk() on openat
  — 7.0.0-34/-38-generic and 7.0.0-1017-azure, Hyper-V Gen2 guest

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2169338/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to