Hey Matthias,

Thanks for your remark.

Rest assured that almost all things I do in Ubuntu, I do forward to
Debian or upstream. I don't know for others, but at least we seem to all
follow this principle as much as reasonably doable in the Debcrafters
team.

Here, I was enclined to do nothing as Debian is doing fine (using
GCC/++16 by defaykt) and stonking+1 was due to use GCC16 as default (and
therefore I'd remove the explicit dep in that release).

That being said, I am happy to try designing a patch for petsc and
submit it there. The reason I did not is because we were looking for a
fast and efficient way to fix the issue and I therefore don't have such
patch, I'd need to look into petsc build system and see how to integrate
that.

But I can try.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168983

Title:
  dolfin ftbfs on armhf in stonking

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dolfin/+bug/2168983/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to