Public bug reported:
I am having problems with my network, i believe this is a bug. I have a
laptop (ThinkPad T41) connected at 1000 Mb/s with a gigabit switch with
all Cat6 to my desktop with hardware raid, with a gigabit network card
in, connected at 1000 Mb/s. However when copying file i get a maximum of
6 -9 mb/s with it averaging around 3. This is really poor for a gigabit
network.
Here is some more information about my network hardware and software:
Router
Hardware: Buffalo WHR-G54S
Firmware: Tomato 1.16
Switch: 3com Gigabit Switch 8
Cabling: All Cat6
Here is some information from some commands: (I am running Hardy,
although i only upgraded yesterday to see if it would fix the problem,
however it does not, i was experiencing the same problems with Gutsy.)
** Affects: ubuntu
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
network traffic pulsing
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/194832
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs