Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: openoffice.org-common
I upgraded to the latest Hardy Heron repository this morning, and when
starting OpenOffice Calc, clicking on File or File, Open now crashes my
X server comprehensively. I get a black screen of death and no keyboard
input. All was fine before the latest update.
I made one change last night, which could have contributed: I edited the
xorg.conf to tell X that I'm using a Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard
and not a generic PC105 keyboard. I don't think it's this that's caused
the problem: everything else has been working without a problem today,
and I'm fairly certain (95%) that I used Openoffice last night after the
keyboard change.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu hardy (development branch)
Release: 8.04
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ apt-cache policy xorg
xorg:
Installed: 1:7.3+10ubuntu7
Candidate: 1:7.3+10ubuntu7
Version table:
*** 1:7.3+10ubuntu7 0
500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ apt-cache policy gdm
gdm:
Installed: 2.20.4-0ubuntu2
Candidate: 2.20.4-0ubuntu2
Version table:
*** 2.20.4-0ubuntu2 0
500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ apt-cache policy openoffice.org-common
openoffice.org-common:
Installed: 1:2.4.0~rc2-1ubuntu3
Candidate: 1:2.4.0~rc2-1ubuntu3
Version table:
*** 1:2.4.0~rc2-1ubuntu3 0
500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: amd64
Date: Wed Apr 2 11:20:45 2008
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/nautilus
NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
Package: nautilus 1:2.22.1-0ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: amd64
ProcEnviron:
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: nautilus
Uname: Linux 2.6.24-12-generic x86_64
** Affects: openoffice.org (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: apport-bug
--
Openoffice spreadsheet crashes x
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/210749
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs