Hello,

On 08/01/2008, Flávio Martins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  "Transmission is a fast, easy, and free multi-platform BitTorrent client
> with a focus on being lightweight yet feature-filled."
>
> I propose we replace, in the default installation, the packages
> gnome-btdownload with transmission-gtk.

I'm all for it.

> I think Transmission is very user friendly, and currently is the perfect
> choice of BitTorrent client for the Gnome Desktop.
> The Gtk+ client has a well-designed and simple user interface.

Yes, it's perfect for the Gnome Desktop, providing the feeling users
are looking for in a bit torrent application, while not complicating
things. I've been using uTorrent for this for a good while, because it
provides exactly that; a simple, but effective user interface. It's a
download application. I don't want one that uses half my system
resources either. uTorrent also forced me to install wine, which I'm
not really interested in. I'd much rather have a pure and clean
system. This is a perfect client for me. Well.. You could say that
since Transmission is already in the repositories, it's my own fault
for not taking the time to get a proper overview of the applications
available before taking the radical step of installing a proprietary
Windows application. But people use either software that they already
know, or software that's already available. Bit Torrent is important
and it deserves some attention. We do need something better than
gnome-btdownload and this is by far the best candidate I've seen.

Thanks.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad