2008/9/22 Cesare Tirabassi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I finally hacked a little script during the weekend and you can see the
> results here (updated daily):
>
> http://www.webalice.it/norsetto/
>
> This only retrieves upstream package versions for packages which are hosted on
> ftp.gnome.org, I'd have to add a special section in the script for retrieving
> other upstream versions (cairo, gimp, etc.).
> If anyone knows of a more appropriate host please let me know.
> Also, would it be appropriate to upload the script to the team bzr repo so
> that other people can fiddle with it?
>
> Any feedback is highly appreciated, especially if you think packages need to
> be added or removed.

Sorry, I repost the message here even if norsetto has already anwered
but I think this is my day I push "reply" and not "reply to all" and
gmail seems to be stupid when a ML is only in CC :)

Great work Cesare. I was planning to do such a thing in the near
futur, but you make it first :)

The missing thing for me is to link to a bug that wait for sponsor
(for instance, I have updated gnome-volume-manager, gnome-spell and it
is waiting for sponsoring). Even if the sponsor time seems to be
really short for desktop package (thanks to all of you!), it would be
a pity if someone would double the effort:
- Maybe making a "bugs linkage" or "updater" editable field? (like in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/TODO) would avoid that. Making the
field empty each time a new version appeared
- or using the LP API to grep for bug title for this ubuntu package
containg the sponsor + correct numbering version to automate this?

What do you think about that?

Once again, congrats for you work. I'm sure seb will appreciate :)

Didier