On 7 March 2010 22:56, Alex Launi <alex.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I don't think that new users will crap their pants over the window controls
> being on the left, I think we've all seen OSX before.

Perhaps you're right, though I personally know lots of people who have never
seen OS X, and much less used it. Doesn't OS X arrange their buttons in a
different order, by the way? I hope you're right that average Windows-users
won't be put off by this, though all my experience with "normal Windows users"
tells me, it will.

I've only tried this change on ten "normal users", but I had to explain this to
eight of them. I never had to explain how to close a window when karmic
was released. But you're right. The window looks much cleaner on the right
side now, which is very good news for all those who read from right to left and
therefore focus more on the right side than on the left. I'm also interested to
see how many people will close the  window instead of opening the applications-
menu because of this, but if that becomes a problem, then we can just move
the applications menu to the right side in the next release, right?

But I'm sure extensive usability tests in the real world have proven that left
is more efficient and user friendly than right, so perhaps I shouldn't worry so
much.

Jo-Erlend