Op maandag 01-03-2010 om 18:04 uur [tijdzone +1100], schreef Robert
Ancell:
> The criteria from the specification are:
>
>     * Is available in main or universe
>     * Is a GUI app
>     * Does not replace a default application
>     * Does not replace another featured application
>     * Is well designed for the task and robust
>
> In addition, I looked for the following points:
>
>     * The application has an icon and an appropriate name
>     * The installation can be performed from the Application Center and
>       no additional configuration is required
>     * After clicking on the application icon it must be simple to start
>       using the application.  I made an exception for applications that
>       have good documentation/access to tutorials (e.g. GIMP, Blender)
>     * Bonus points for small download

> These applications seemed really good candidates:
[snip]

I think you are missing TuxPaint here (including the default packages
with plugins & stamps, even if the stamps are a quite big package, they
make TuxPaint a lot more interesting).

If it weren't for TuxPaint, my little nieces (4-6yo) probably won't use
Ubuntu (and of course I "forgot" to tell them about the Windows
version ;) ).

I think this is really one of the most undervalued open source
applications for kids (or maybe not, as it's already in main).

--
Jan Claeys