On 04/12/2011 03:09 AM, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le lundi 11 avril 2011 à 10:36 +1000, Robert Ancell a écrit :
>> So, I propose that we move all the current packaging branches to using
>> lp:ubuntu/package_name branches.  We have a few branches using this
>> mode and have had good success with them.
> Hi,
>
> I don't think the situation with those changed since previous cycle,
> they are still much slower to checkout and give no real benefit out of
> using a standard location and making sponsoring a bit easier, I'm not
> convinced we should switch while we are no compelling reason to do it.
> One other questions is to know how team work would be handled on the
> standard locations?
>
> --
> Sebastien Bacher

I think using a standard location, working with manual dputs, easier
sponsoring, easier checking of changes are real benefits worth getting.
I think there also easier to explain to new contributors.

The checkout issue is definitely a problem, however I have been
surprised that it hasn't been the big issue I expected.  It only really
seems to be a problem the first time you check them out.

By team work do you mean packages in progress (use branches) or
permissions for accessing the branches?