On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 11:13 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 14:00 -0700, Bryce Harrington a écrit :
> > Pitti had
> > mentioned a couple months ago that this is an -fglrx specific issue,
> > which well could me; if that can be confirmed, we could just have
> > Alberto add it to the AMD bug escalation list for 12.04.  What do you
> > think?
>
> In fact https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/353126 would have been a better
> bug to point, comments in both bugs list users having the issue on
> nvidia, ati and intel. There is not a lot of intel users comment so
> maybe those are another issue or bogus and it might be that the nvidia
> issue is fixed. In any case it would be nice to at least do a call for
> testing on Oneiric to see where we stand and if it's driver specific. If
> the issue is fglrx specific then escalating to amd seems a good idea
> indeed

FYI, On Natty, I experienced the issue on my Intel laptop, but not on my
Nvidia laptop. I've added the xdamage workaround before upgrading to
Oneiric, so I don't know if it's fixed or not. I use the remote desktop
functionality both when I'm not at home, and for tech support to my
family, so if it gets removed, it would be nice to have an alternative
take it's place...

Marc.