I'm still experiencing nasty bugs with Unity, and I'm not alone:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/871584
(I think I've seen other bugs similar to that one. If anyone knows
which one, please mark it as a duplicate of that one. I couldn't find
it)

Another issue I'm facing several times a day now, is that LightDM
sometimes won't reload after logging out and that the screen stays
black after automatic screen-locks due to inactivity. All of these
cases are detrimental to the user experience and we're three days from
release. I think all of these issues are fixed by running a compiz
--replace. Unfortunately, this is not easy to do when these problems
occur, unless you know exactly what to do. Even then, it might/will
seem scary to casual users.

If Oneiric have to be released on Thursday, I think it's prudent to
have some sort of panic button to restart Unity. Perhaps something
like alt+ctrl+shift+F12 or something else that is uncomfortable enough
to not be widely used for anything, and still easy enough to serve the
purpose.

I mean, obviously, it would be better if the bugs were fixed and
thoroughly tested before then, or even if Oneiric could be postponed a
little for these things to be really polished, but if this is not
possible, then such a keyboard shortcut might act as some sort of
remedy at least.

With challenged optimism,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad