trying to keep the "incomplete language support" alert from coming up
on a fresh install.

I don't care that it is incomplete.  The system is just used for
recording presentations which it does quite well as is.  Other than a
distracting dialogue box popping up.   yes, it is just a few clicks to
make it go away, but the systems get re-installed often enough that I
don't want anyone being bothered with that.  plus people will not
click, they will ask me about it.

I don't care if I install what it wants or just prevent it from coming
up, but I would rather not mainly because it makes the install take
longer.

I did apt-get install
inkscape vim mencoder ffmpeg python-virtualenv screen sox dconf-tools
gscanbus thunderbird-locale-en-us thunderbird-locale-en mythes-en-us
hunspell-en-ca thunderbird-locale-en-gb libreoffice-l10n-en-gb
mythes-en-au libreoffice-l10n-en-za libreoffice-help-en-gb
firefox-locale-en hyphen-en-us myspell-en-au myspell-en-gb
myspell-en-za openoffice.org-hyphenation

But it still wants to show me the "language support" gui

I did click around and make it go away, but I don't see where it saved
my choices: this did not change:

gsettings list-recursively >gs1.txt
click click..
gsettings list-recursively >gs2.txt
md5sum gs1.txt gs2.txt
a1b20bf23d1df421158ca609ef148416  gs1.txt
a1b20bf23d1df421158ca609ef148416  gs2.txt

--
Carl K