On 11/22/2011 09:11 AM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> While I can understand the reasons why you feel it necessary to pull the
> plug on the db sync service, it is not immediately obvious to me why
> that would necessarily result in you dropping support for local storage
> in personal databases on the desktop. I don't see anything wrong with
> DesktopCouch itself.

So, it sounds like you might be interested in adopting maintenance of
desktopcouch? This is a pretty standard practice in free software,
Debian even has an official process for it ("Packages up for adoption").
You've got a vision for where to take it next, so if you have time and
interest, it could be a perfect match.

Allison