Hi all,

I just made an upload of cheese, and ran into a situation that I've
been frustrated with for other packages as well. It's in universe
where I have upload rights as a MOTU. In the process of making my
changes, I noticed that it has a desktop team Vcs-Bzr field in
debian/control. So I pulled the branch and copied over my changes. I
ran "bzr qdiff" to review them before committing, only to see that the
last two uploads (by a desktop team member) were never committed to
that branch. Also, in the past, I've prepared merge requests to match
my uploads where the merge request went unanswered indefinitely.

So, friendly request: If the desktop team stops using its vcs branch
to maintain a package in universe, please remember to drop the Vcs
field.

On a related note, it's always awkward to touch desktop team packages
in universe. It would be nice if vcs permissions could match upload
permissions. It might just be too much overhead, but we could create a
~universe-desktop-uploaders team with both ~motu and ~ubuntu-desktop
as members. Thoughts?

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>