On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 08:26:24PM -0005, Adam Dingle wrote:
> I noticed that Epiphany 3.10.3 just landed in Trusty.  It uses a
> GtkHeaderBar, so it has no title bar and looks pretty out of place
> on the Ubuntu desktop.
>
> I thought the plan was not to land applications that use
> GtkHeaderBar just yet.  Was this an error?  Or is there a plan to
> patch a title bar back into Epiphany soon?
>
> In any case I've created a Launchpad issue at
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epiphany-browser/+bug/1263387

Indeed, we shouldn't be uploading GtkHeaderBar-using software into the
archive without fixing it to use traditional menus when appropriate.

  https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/AlternateMenubarLayout

I hope someone from Ubuntu GNOME is going to look into this for ephy.

& sorry—I did hear about this update before it was uploaded, but didn't
think to check if it used the header bar.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]